Semart Group Ltd. is committed to protecting our customer's privacy. Please takethe time to review this notice which explains what information we collect aboutyou, how we use it, and your rights. Semart Group Ltd is theoperator of selectmarthk.com ("Select生活百貨", "we", or"us", "site").
1.1 Our goal isto make your shopping experience safe, convenient and worry-free. We ensurethat data is encrypted when leaving the site. This process involves theconverting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access.
1.2 Yourpersonal information is protected in transit by a Secure Socket Layer (SSL)which fully encrypts and protects all of your personal data (name, address,credit card number) from being read by anyone over the Internet. This securemethod ensures the protection of all credit and debit card transactions.
1.3 Yourpersonal data is kept confidential and we do not make email addresses availableto third parties other than for our business operation needs. We have certainThird Party Service Providers who perform important business functions on ourbehalf, such as: processing credit card transactions, fulfilling orders anddelivering packages. They have access to personal data needed to carry outtheir functions, but they may not use it for other purposes.
2. Collection and Usage of Data
2.1 Whenvisiting our websites, our web servers temporarily record technical details ofthe device used to access our websites, such as the browser type used, theoperating system installed and device settings. In addition, we record your IPaddress and, if you have accessed our websites from a device such as a mobiletelephone, the Unique Device Identifier of your device. Further, our Web servercollects certain data that is automatically transmitted by your Web browser.
This data includes:
- The name of your Internet service provider
- The address of the website from which you have visited our site
- The sub-pages of selectmarthk.com
- The date and length of your visit
2.2 When youmake a purchase, we record your billing and shipping address for transactionalpurposes. However, we do not store your credit card or other payment details.
2.3 When yousubscribe to our eNewsletter, we collect your name, contact details, and gendershould you wish to provide such information.
2.4 When youregister for an account, we record the information you provide us, such as yourorder history, brand preferences, product reviews, and any other details whichyou add to your profile.
2.5 When yousubmit anything through our Enquiry Form, we store your contact details for thepurposes of following up and answering your questions.
2.6 When youcontact our CS Team, we may record the details of the interaction in order totrace your inquiry and better serve your needs.
2.7 You must beover 16 years of age to register for a personal account, subscribe to ouremails, and/or place an order with Select生活百貨. This site is not intended forchildren and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16.
3. Purpose for which we use your data:
3.1 We use yourdata to enable you to visit our websites and to create anonymous usagestatistics based on the automatically transmitted data (see section 2.1), whichenable us to track the use of our websites and to tailor them to your needs. Inaddition, we process personal data for all of the following reasons:
- To fulfill your order and maintain your online account.
- To process orders or bookings and to tailor our services to your wishes.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalise the site to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the site, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Where required, we may also use your personal data in order to enforce our third party rights.
3.2 We rely onthe following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personaldata:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfill your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of the Site, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
4. Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
We transmit personal datacollected in connection with the handling of orders to service providers whohelp us process your orders. In particular, this pertains to providers ofcredit card billing services, insofar as it is necessary to transmit the datafor the purpose of payment processing.
We also disclose personaldata under the following circumstances:
- With other companies as necessary for the operation of our site.
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, such as payment processors and delivery/logistics companies.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
5.1 Cookies aresmall and often encrypted files that are stored in your browser directory.Cookies make it possible to identify you as a specific customer and to storeyour personal preferences when using our website and your technicalinformation. The main benefit for you is that you do not have to enter theinformation contained in the cookies every time you visit our website. Cookiesdo not necessarily contain or reveal personal information. If, however, youenter personal information on our website, this may be associated with the datastored in the cookies. Operators of other websites have no access to thesefiles.
5.2 We useGoogle Analytics on our websites. This is a web analysis service offered byGoogle Inc. that enables the collection of detailed statistics on websitetraffic and its sources. We use Google Analytics solely for statisticalpurposes, such as in order to track how many users have clicked on a particularitem of product information. Google Analytics is based on cookies and recordsinformation about your use of our websites including your IP address. Toprevent users from being identified by their IP addresses, we use a specializedcode to ensure that your IP address is recorded solely in a truncated (andtherefore anonymous) form. It is no longer possible to identify individualusers with this truncated IP address. The information recorded by GoogleAnalytics is transmitted to Google Inc. based in the United States. Google isself-certified under the Privacy Shield to provide an adequate protection ofyour personal data under EU law. You can prevent that data from being collectedand transferred to Google Inc. by downloading and installing the plug-inavailable at the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
6. Storage and Retention of Data
We will keep your personaldata for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so thisperiod will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, if youhave made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for theperiod necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep arecord of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaintabout a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it.Please note that when you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, wewill keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketingemails in the future.
7. Your Rights
7.1 You have thefollowing rights regarding to your personal information:
- to access your information and to receive information about its use
- to have your information corrected and/or completed
- to have your information deleted
- to restrict the use of your information
- to receive your information in a portable format
- to object to the use of your information
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your information, where consent is the legal basis of the processing e.g. subscription of our marketing emails
If you wish to exercise yourrights or if you have any questions about the data we hold about you or the usethereof, you can contact us at any time via firstname.lastname@example.org .Pleasenote that such personal information may be needed to make a purchase or to takeadvantage of promotions on our website.
7.2 If you wishto have your data deleted, it will be erased immediately from our system unlesswe are obliged to continue storing it to comply with statutory retentionperiods. Under such circumstances, we will ensure that your data is preventedfrom being used for other purposes. We may take reasonable steps to verify youridentity before granting access or permitting corrections to and/or deletion ofyour personal data.
7.3 For thesubscription and receiving of marketing emails, we follow the opt in/opt outpolicy. If you wish to opt out of receiving emails from us, please click theunsubscribe link included in every message. Please note we may still contactyou with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and deliveryconfirmations, and information about your legal rights).
7.4 We willcomply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicablelaw. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to theserights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply withyour request. We would like the chance to resolve any complaints you have butyou are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for dataprotection.
8. Links to Other Websites
Our websites contain linksto websites that are operated by third-party providers. This Privacy Noticedoes not apply to the collection, processing and use of personal data by suchthird parties. Please note that we are unable to accept any responsibility forthe content of third-party websites or for their compliance with dataprotection requirements. We therefore recommend that you consult their dataprotection guidelines.
10. Contact Details
If you have any furtherquestions about the privacy and security of your information, or would like toupdate or remove your details then please contact us.
Unit G1, 35/F, Legend Tower, 7 Shing Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 90898883